Monday, March 16, 2015

'Because' an Inspirational Novel

This past week I finished reading a wonderful novel by Jack A. Langedijk - because.
It is an absolute triumph, written from the heart and filled with insight that will make any reader explore their own circumstances.  I posted a review on Amazon but it's included here:

"I was given a copy of this book quite some time ago, but life got busy and I sat it aside and never got back to it.  I’m kicking myself now, having read it this past week.  I thought perhaps I would write a review, given that I can’t stop thinking about the character’s circumstances and how, to a small degree, some of his challenges mirrored mine.  I have pondered and reflected on the story, which, for me, is the mark of a great book – the ideas, characters, and circumstances stay with me long after I’ve closed the final page.  Because is that kind of a book.

As other reviewers have noted, the tale is a rollercoaster of emotions.  It pulled me in and held me captive from the first to last page.  I found deep meaning to not only his enduring spirit and desire to overcome, but in his hours of despair – he spoke to me.  I will one day pick this book up again – the writer has transformed me for a day, and beyond.

I would recommend this to anyone facing challenges that are binding their spirit or slowing their course along life’s path.  There is real healing in the pages of this timeless story.  I’m glad I took the time to let it impact and change me."
-- 5 Star Review by Dennis F. Larsen (Author and Website Administrator)

Often times reviewers will preface a good review for an Indie or First-time author with the words "for a first novel" and then carry on.  I will not do that here.  This is an exceptional piece of literature regardless of how long you've been writing, and it's worth your time.

Jack currently has the book on sale until March 21st and you can access it here:

On Sale $2.99
 
You can also enter to win a copy of the book through Goodreads here!  Contest ends March 18th at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment