Saturday, March 29, 2014

Revision Prose: Copy Editing & Proof Reading

Heather McMullin is a friend of mine, a voracious reader and an incredible editor.  She has recently started a website, offering her pinpoint editing skills to the world.  I have utilized Heather's keen eye on a few of my manuscripts and it never ceases to amaze me the things she picks up.  Last year while preparing to publish The Living Hunger I had a 'professional' editor go through the manuscript, making some changes but leaving it largely unchanged.  I then presented the 'edited' copy to Heather and had her go through it.  The difference and professional feel that Heather brought to the final product was astounding.  I am so glad I sought her help before publishing.
If you are a writer and want a product you can be proud of please contact Heather for a sample of her work and a quote.  Tell her Dennis sent you and she'll edit a couple of your pages for free and provide an estimate, including a 15% discount.

Professional Quality Editing Services
I have learned much from Ms. McMullin and now when I write, the entire process seems more streamlined and effortless.   Her assistance has allowed me to concentrate on the creative side of writing and not so much the mechanics.  I no longer sweat the little stuff, knowing she's got my back and will catch even the smallest of mistakes.
Heather, best of luck with your new endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment