Friday, November 15, 2013

What are Readers Saying?

I find the most difficult aspect to writing, then finishing a novel to be the promotional side of things.  It somehow seems arrogant to constantly beat a drum, sounding to the world your accomplishment.  Over the past year I've discovered that many Indie Authors struggle with the same thing.  They write a thought provoking novel, invest countless hours in preparing it for the public and it falls flat because they fail to navigate the millions of books and dozens of websites that stand in their way.
I'm still trying to sort it all out but I'm making headway.  At this point, I'm happy to be writing for the simple joy of the 'creative experience' and not counting sales to pay my bills.  My heart goes out to the hundreds and perhaps thousand of would-be authors that find themselves in that situation.
The Living Hunger continues to do well especially in the UK but this past week it has ranked in Amazon's top 100 for post-apocalyptic novels in both the USA and UK.  Thanks to followers and readers for making the book a success  -- well over a thousand copies have been sold worldwide.

I'll let some readers do the rest of the talking today:

"The characters are believable and the story frighteningly possible. This is well-worth the time invested, and he's definitely on my list of author's to follow in the future... if we have on."  USA Reader, aerodrome 5 Stars

" This book had it all, it kept you turning pages as fast as you could read them from page 1. Very suspenseful. A must read book."  USA Reader, Carla 5 Stars

"Review: Where do I start with this review? This book will have you laughing, crying, loving, and learning. When I started reading this book I was very happy that the book was a post-apocalyptical story without zombies. The book was VERY well planned out and the descriptions of everything was utterly amazing. The characters in the books were flawed, and it made them so much more realistic because of it. The amount of action in the book was perfect with the amount of necessary information to understand the book in it's entirety. I recommend this book for ANY post-apocalyptic genre fan. I know I'll be re-reading this a few times!"  USA Reader & IA Reviewer, Brandon 5 Stars

"A bloody good read.  I really enjoyed this book and its characters. It held me from page one right to the last page. It deals with a post war earth that has all but died from chemical and biological war. The few survivors try to live off the land and this is the story of their lives. Well worth the read!"  UK Reader, Goodread 5 Stars

"The Living Hunger - wow! What a story! Exciting... chillingly realistic, full of interesting characters that struggle to become tougher as the battle to survive ramps up. I've read quite a few apocalyptic stories, but this one grabs your emotions and pulls you in."  UK Reader, Chris 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment