Sunday, July 7, 2013

First Amazon Review - July 2013

January 2013 marked the beginning of my foray into "Independent Publishing".  How hard can it be, right?  I've learned so much in the past few months but nothing stands out to me more than the importance of reader input.  Reviews can make or break your months of writing and weeks of editing, therefore, I am so grateful for the positive reviews when they come in.  I somehow expected that many would be happy to write a quick review once they had completed a novel but the reverse is true.  Even to get family and friends to put their support into words is a far more difficult task than I would have ever imagined.

When a family member writes a review or a friend takes a minute it is wonderful but to have a complete stranger write something nice about your work is very rewarding.  I'd like to thank those who have taken a moment to do just that.  Whether on Amazon, Goodreads or this site, it is greatly appreciated!

My first review for The Living Hunger is posted below:

I have always been intrigued by post-apocalyptic scenarios... they've just always provided a captivating glimpse of what could be that I just can't resist. In "The Living Hunger" that captivating scenario is explored through the eyes of Sergeant Farrell Jenson who is a soldier who has watched his world get ravaged by nuclear and biological warfare as his family goes missing, lost in the confusion, pain and despair of a world that is no longer beautiful or happy. Along the way Sergeant Farrell Jenson meets up with ragtag band of survivors looking to start over and protect themselves from the new, more harsher world they live in.

I found this book to be a wonderful allegory to the heights and the depths that humans can reach by themselves and together. From collaborating together and helping to rebuild their little corner of the world to using the post-apocalyptic scenario to quench their thirst for power and violence, the characters in this book manage to show the best and the worst of the human race all at once.

Dennis F. Larsen has crafted a superbly well-written novel that made me bite my nails, shed a few tears and give a few cheers of excitement as I read it. I am very interested to see what else he has written as based on this book it is bound to be amazing. 


Thanks RiRi

No comments:

Post a Comment